Friday, May 17, 2013

Le Self


Le Fab Detroit came as a result of me being homesick while living abroad.  Over the past few years, I have been working as a teacher in South Korea and, most recently, Qatar.  It is true what they say about Detroiters who leave: You always come back.  I tend to come back in between my travels, but this time I wanted my return to be more meaningful.  While traveling to other parts of the globe, it is not uncommon to get the "screw face" when you inform people that you are from Detroit. Usually the first thing people tend to ask is: "What part of Detroit are your from?" To which I reply: "Detroit. The westside." Then the conversation proceeds with the cliche, "It's rough in Detroit, right?" Or my favorite: "You're not gonna go all Detroit on us now are you?" 

Just like anyone who has known someone all their life, I know the good and the bad. Yet, I still love it for who it is because I feel that the pros out weigh the cons.  Maybe I'm like that parent whose child runs rampant and is despised by all other parents on the playground who is always defending "Little Johnny's" behavior by saying things like, "He's just misunderstood." Well, I do feel that Detroit is misunderstood by people who've never even set foot on it's soil, and also those who have never left and had the luxury of missing it.  

I, Kay Lang (Krystal to those that know me), will tell my Detroit story. It is a story of beauty, creativity, hard work, and growth. Le Fab Detroit!!

My Travel's
Skiing in South Korea

Mudfest in South Korea

South Korea knows whats up! Always reppin!!

Chillin somewhere in Japan (Sad I didn't take a lot of photos there. More reason to go back!)

Desert safari in Qatar

Walking on the beach in Dubai

Tiger's in Thailand

Next stop: HOME!!!! I'm on my way! (Me cruising on the Detroit river)



1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! Bombard the non Detroiters with the gems our city has to offer and not allow them to form their opinion about the D by news reports and crime rates! After all there is crime everywhere!

    ReplyDelete